From: Lars E. D. Jensen (lars_at_dangvard.dk)
Date: Mon 22 Nov 2004 - 14:41:44 GMT

Hi

I want to track down some problems I have with my first vserver setup :)

I'm using the newest patch for kernel 2.4.28 -> 2.4.28-vs1.29 and the
appropiate util-vserver tools. The vserver is running on Debian linux 3.0r3.

I get this when I start the vserver:
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address

I get this when I stop the vserver:
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address
(The same as when I start the vserver.)

hwclock is unable to get I/O port access: the iopl(3) call failed.
mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

I've googled but found no solution. How can I solve these issues?
I've tried to install Apache 1.3 and it runs fine (I think).

See below for full context when starting/stopping the vserver:

Starting the vserver - In context (marked # error?):
/var/util-vserver/sbin# ./vserver mt start
Starting the virtual server mt
Server mt is not running
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address # error ?
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address # error ?
ipv4root is now xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
Host name is now dcmshvs1
Domain name is now dcmshvs1.dcmedia.biz
New security context is 49154
Starting system log daemon: syslogd.
Starting kernel log daemon: klogd.
Starting internet superserver: inetd.
Starting PCMCIA services: module directory /lib/modules/2.4.28-vs1.29/pcmcia
not found.
Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd.
Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
Starting web server: apache.

Stopping the vserver - In context (marked # error?):
/var/util-vserver/sbin# ./vserver mt stop
Stopping the virtual server mt
Server mt is running
SIOCSIFBRDADDR: Cannot assign requested address # error ?
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Cannot assign requested address # error ?
ipv4root is now xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
New security context is 49153
Stopping periodic command scheduler: cron.
Stopping web server: apache.
Stopping internet superserver: inetd.
Shutting down PCMCIA services:.
Stopping OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshd.
Saving the System Clock time to the Hardware Clock...
hwclock is unable to get I/O port access: the iopl(3) call failed. # error ?
Hardware Clock updated to Mon Nov 22 13:45:13 UTC 2004.
Saving state of known serial devices... backing up serial.conf done.
Stopping deferred execution scheduler: atd.
Aborting iptables load: unknown ruleset, "inactive".
Stopping kernel log daemon: klogd.
Stopping system log daemon: syslogd.
Sending all processes the TERM signal... done.
Sending all processes the KILL signal... done.
Saving random seed... done.
Unmounting remote filesystems... done.
Deconfiguring network interfaces: done.
Deactivating swap... done.
Unmounting local filesystems... done.
mount: can't find / in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab # error ?
Rebooting... sleeping 5 seconds
Killing all processes

--
Med venlig hilsen