From: Vlad Mazek (vlad_at_mazek.com)
Date: Sat 20 Nov 2004 - 09:30:38 GMT

Greetings,

We've been running vserver on 2.4 successfully for years and with the
new hardware we've started to migrate to the 2.6 kernel and are
struggling with the vserver.

Namely, can't get bind to work. It fails with the familiar error:
Starting named: named: capset failed: Operation not permitted

On 2.4, this was easilly fixed by adding CAP_NET_RAW to the vserver, but
for some reason adding it to 2.6 and util-vserver does not help. I am
running 2.6.9-vs1.9.3 with util-vserver 0.30.196. Here is my
/etc/vservers/base.conf

IPROOT=192.168.1.50
IPROOTDEV=eth0
ONBOOT=yes