From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 05 Nov 2004 - 19:00:24 GMT

On Thu, Nov 04, 2004 at 02:50:26PM +0100, Manfred Heubach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm running some vservers on Linux 2.4.24 with vs1.26.
>
> UDP packets sent from a vserver always have the source address of the
> root server instead of the vserver's address.
>
> I know this has been an issue with older ctx patches. Is this behaviour
> still normal with 1.26 and is this solved with newer versions?

if the routing tables provide a route for your
vserver ip to the desired destination, then this
ip will be used as source, if there is no route
for that ip OTOH, the kernel is free to choose
the 'best' ip, which in your case probably is the
routed host ip ...

HTH,
Herbert

PS: upgreading that kernel/patch would be advised
for security reasons ...