From: Tor Rune Skoglund (trs_at_datakompaniet.no)
Date: Sun 24 Oct 2004 - 12:25:30 BST

Hi List,

when trying to make a good template server, one obviously has
to start and enter the virtual server and test the installation
of it, add some programs, make config changes in it and so on.

But when using it as a template, some files must be removed
or altered before it is made "production ready". AFAICS at
least these have to be changed/deleted:

* ssh keys
* shell history file
* root password setting
* any standard users password settings

I am sure there are more, so if any of you experts out there
has additions to the list, please mail me or the list.
I'll make a summary on the wiki afterwards.

Also, I do not know how well vserver-copy or other copy tools
handle such files, as the documentation seems to be a bit
sparse on the tools. Any enlightment on these matters will
be highly appreciated.

Best regards
Tor Rune Skoglund
trs_at_datakompaniet.no