From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 22 Oct 2004 - 18:42:13 BST

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 04:37:20PM +0800, TK Lew wrote:
> hi :
>
> I can't seem to set the defaultroute under vserver. Get error message
> "Operation not permitted".

which is actually a Good Thing (TM) as you do not
want the vserver to mess with your routing tables

see

http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=Documentation
(# [iproute2] more than one default gw)
http://archives.linux-vserver.org/200311/0470.html

> I have put a <vserver name>.conf under /etc/vserver but when running
> "vserver <name> start" is not reading this config file.

maybe a new style config?

> I added "CAP_SYS_ADMIN=yes" in the config file.

which means that the vserver root user can do what s/he
likes with your host ;)