From: David MacKinnon (davidm_at_obsidian.com.au)
Date: Wed 13 Oct 2004 - 11:41:51 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>>ip addr show
>>

>could you attach the output here please?

I'll post it tomorrow when I'm back at work. Hard to get the output
remotely when the machine drops off the network :)

As an aside, if I use the legacy vserver support (put in an apropriate
.conf file in etc/vservers) then everything is dandy.

>ifconfig is outdated, it doesn't show IP addresses
>it just shows aliases, if you want an alias, please
>add the relevant config option ...

As in ifconfig isn't showing my primary network (eth0/eth1) even.
Basically before vserver monitor stop (vserver is called monitor)

ifconfig shows eth0,eth1, eth0:mon (alias given to the ip for the vserver)

ip addr show shows all the apropriate ips

after vserver monitor stop

ip addr show shows the ip's on eth0 and eth1

ifconfig shows lo only

Regards,
 -David