From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Tue 12 Oct 2004 - 12:48:39 BST

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> what is 'open the vserver up'?

Sorry. I seem to always do this at the end of _very_ long days and under
fire.

        S_CAPS="CAP_NET_RAW"

so I can ping.

> can you reach arbitrary hosts from within the
> vserver, preferably on both interfaces?

The interfaces are connected to separate routers so only one interface is
configured for a vserver. Segregation of resources. We're trying to
provide redundancy for two different backend mailservers on only two
physical machines. The load is not and should not be sufficient to
warrant four servers.

> postfix uses a chroot-ed env, check for
> additional logging messages on startup maybe
> your config doesn't match?

Yeah I still have a problem wrapping my mind around multiple interfaces
and multiple (WAN) routes and I forgot to look at this logs since it
appeared this was working (secondary MX) until we got flooded with
junkmail this week-end which seems to have overloaded the primary MX (a
stand alone system). Nothing like a load test to get the smoke flowing.

> HTH, Herbert

It always does. Even if it doesn't solve the problem I always learn a
lot.

Thanks Herbert,
Rod