From: Yann Dupont (Yann.Dupont_at_univ-nantes.fr)
Date: Wed 06 Oct 2004 - 09:32:41 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>not that I'm aware of, but memory fragmentation
>is a general problem (see lkml and Macelo working on
>that stuff), so I'd suggest to try with a vanilla

 I understand there's something wrong there with 2.6 kernels...

>kernel (no vserver patches) and wait until the
>order-4 allocation fails (which is probably after

In my case it's just order-0 allocations. What is strange is that it
seems related
to the TCP treason uncloacked seen -which should not be the case as if I
understand correctly, order-0 allocation error just means
a temporary failure ?-

>a few hours of stress testing)

Rsync seems very good at that ...

For my part, testing without vserver will be very hard... This means
relocating all others vservers & put the vserver programs
at the host level. Definitively not something I can do in some minutes.

>anyway, I'll revisit the vserver code in the next
>view days and will have a deep look for possible
>connections ...
>
>HTH,
>Herbert

Could be a good idea.

In the same time I'll dig a bit further. For exemple I used this on the
kernel config
Allocate 3rd-level pagetables from highmem -> Y

Maybe this has the exact reverse effect ?? I change this to No & boot
another kernel in some minutes...

Sincerely yours,

--
Yann Dupont, Cri de l'université de Nantes
Tel: 02.51.12.53.91 - Fax: 02.51.12.58.60 - Yann.Dupont_at_univ-nantes.fr