From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 06 Oct 2004 - 08:13:52 BST

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 08:46:14PM -0700, Liam Helmer wrote:
> I've had issues on and off with the debian unstable binaries for apache,
> with similar types of problems. What consistently fixes my problem is to
> rebuild apache with the the updated kernel headers (obtainable for
> whatever distro you're using). You may have a similar thing going.
>
> Try getting a source rpm for it and doing an rpmbuild --rebuild <source
> rpm name> (I think that's the command... I haven't used redhat in a
> while) and using the resulting rpms. you can, while you're at it, add an
> --arch=i686 specification to it (presuming you're not running a really
> old box, or an older via box), and speed up your apache to boot ;)
>
> Another potential issue may be ipv6... I don't know if that's an issue
> with the 1.2.x series, but it certainly is with the 1.9.x series. You
> can do ip -6 addr flush to dump any ipv6 addresses for all your
> interfaces (including lo), and see if the problem persists.

right, almost forgot about that one, we had
problems in 1.9.2.x with userspace (glibc) assuming
certain things about the ipv4/ipv6 addresses
(namely interface being present when ipv6 addr is
listed) which where not guaranteed (because ipv6
isn't supported with vserver yet), but this was
fixed in recent releases (1.9) but not in 1.2x,
which definitely doesn't support ipv6 in any way.

and segfaults where the result ...

HTH,
Herbert