From: David MacKinnon (davidm_at_obsidian.com.au)
Date: Sat 02 Oct 2004 - 05:28:02 BST

Hey. I know I vaguely recall someone talking about running vservers over
nfs (ie the vserver directory is hosted on an nfs server, run on a
front-end). I was just wondering if anyone who has set up something like
this would care to comment on general performance, and any tuning they did?

We're looking at seting up something like this for our hosting facility,
to provide greater flexibility, but I didn't realise quite how slow nfs
could be :( We are/were hoping to run over a dozen vservers over this setup.

Any comments/suggestions?

-David