From: Cathy Sarisky (cathy_at_acornhosting.net)
Date: Tue 28 Sep 2004 - 21:19:02 BST

Hello!

Running vs1.26, a user within a vserver can do an nfs mount like so:
mount servername:/tmp /a

Running vs1.28, a user within a vserver attempting the same command gets
the error:
mount: permission denied

I think I've ruled out a config file problem, as attempts to mount with
/etc/exports or /etc/hosts.allow produces "mount: servername:/tmp failed,
reason given by server: Permission denied" instead.

I think I've ruled out a firewall problem.

I can do the nfs mount from the parent server, but not within a vserver
under kernel 1.28

So, here's my question(s):
- What do I need to do to get mounting an nfs-partition working within a
vserver running vs1.28?
- What are the security consequences of doing so?

Many thanks!

p.s. I have a kludgy workaround in that I can do the mounts from the
parent server, but since I'd like my customers do be able to do their own
nfs mounts, this is sub-optimal...