From: Ola Lundqvist (opal_at_debian.org)
Date: Tue 17 Aug 2004 - 21:11:12 BST

Hello

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 10:08:19PM +0200, Bjoern Steinbrink wrote:
> On Di, 2004-08-17 at 21:14, Ola Lundqvist wrote:

> > > yes, setattr would be the better way to go, as the
> > > vproc utility was just a quick and dirty hack as
> > > all my userspace tools ;)
> >
> > So you say that setattr (that is already included) is better than
> > vproc?
>
> Ah, i forgot to mention that the version of setattr included with the
> stable tools does not allow to change the flags for proc entries, just

Ahh ok.

> the flags needed for unification. That's why i said you should backport
> setattr from the unstable branch.

I see. Is the setattr from unstable well tested and backwards compatible?

I do not want to throw something into Debian right now (untested) because
we are _very_ close to a release. But I do want support for 2.6 kernel. :)
(I have not tested 2.6 kernel yet myself).

Regards,

// Ola

> Sorry for any confusion I caused.
>
> HTH
> Bjoern

/  opal_at_debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  opal_at_lysator.liu.se                 654 65 KARLSTAD          |
|  +46 (0)54-10 14 30                  +46 (0)70-332 1551       |
|  http://www.opal.dhs.org             UIN/icq: 4912500         |