From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sun 15 Aug 2004 - 22:52:43 BST

On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 04:21:14PM +0200, Luc Dumaine wrote:
> Just to say explicitely what was implicited by the last message: the
> patched kernel doesn't exhibit the bug.

thanks, yeah, you are right, the actual issue
is a wrongly placed parenthesis, it should be

 (
   (oldflags & REISERFS_IMMUTABLE_FL) ||
   ((flags ^ oldflags) & (REISERFS_*_FL | ... ))
 )
 && !capable(CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE)

which means, if either REISERFS_IMMUTABLE_FL is
set, or any of the REISERFS_*_FL are going to be
changed, you need to have CAP_LINUX_IMMUTABLE ...

thanks for spotting this,
Herbert