From: Konrad Korzeniowski (konrad_at_pandur.net)
Date: Tue 03 Aug 2004 - 20:59:05 BST

Lucas Albers napisaƂ(a):

> Alberto Cammozzo said:
>
>> I see a much more interesting solution with the two host servers
>> sharing vservers between them: each one taking the vservers hosted
>> by the other in case of its failure. This allows to use both host
>> servers at time. I think this requires true (both read-write) shared
>> storage, which I haven't at the moment.
>>
>> I described this in theory in [0]. Sorry, in Italian. I'll translate
>> if someone is interested. Perhaps you can look at the figures :)
>

> Can't you get the same result by having multiple drbd mount mounts with
> each drbd mount being active on 1 server and passive on the other?

It's workinkg for me in such config :)

2 physical nodes
2 virtual servers
2 shared partitions (drbd) on each node
2 public IPs for nodes
2 public IPs for vservers
2 private IPs for nodes
2 private IPs for vservers

heartbeats resources -> (public IP, privat IP, drbd, vserver) x 2

It's working...

rgrds.,
Konrad