From: Sam Vilain (sam_at_vilain.net)
Date: Mon 02 Aug 2004 - 23:11:22 BST

Christian Mayrhuber wrote:

> Could become interesting:
> http://www.namesys.com/blackbox_security.html
> What do you think, maybe views instead of chroot() + mount --bind?

Just think how many years it took databases to get transactions and
views right ... but it is exciting nonetheless, no doubt reiserfs4
will be ready for this purpose for my grandchildren.

Reiserfs3 is supposed to be stable , but the last time I had a
filesystem gain mysterious unstat()able inodes with it was only months
ago, with 2.4.25.

   "We don't touch the V3 code except to fix a bug, and as a result we
    don't get bug reports for the current mainstream kernel version."
      -- Hans Reiser

I wondered whether I should have shattered his illusions then, but decided
to leave him in blissful ignorance forever instead[*].

Sam.

* - relax, it was probably hardware...