From: Veit Wahlich (cru_at_legalized.de)
Date: Sat 31 Jul 2004 - 14:20:24 BST

Hi Herbert,

at least the Linux-VPS more likely seem to be something like User Mode
Linux but not Linux VServer because of the dedicated memory.

Nevertheless images are easy to convert - but I am not very happy
about their size - up to 1G for a basic installation:
http://www.jvds.com/distro.php

I experienced a size of 100M-250M depending on distro and version for
a shedded minimal system as a basis to build specialized servers...

With regards,
// Veit