From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Fri 30 Jul 2004 - 14:36:57 BST

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 03:27:37PM +0200, Sebastian Ganschow wrote:
> Thank you so far.
>
> I searched the mailing list archive before, but I think I
> searched with the wrong keywords.
>
> I just wondered why the Limits aren't stored like regular quotas,

simple, consider the following setup:

 /dev/hd0 /
 /dev/hd1 /vservers/vs1
 /dev/hd2 /vservers/vs2

now quota is stored at the root dir of a disk, in
files called (a)quota.{user,group}, which in this
case could be /vservers/vs1/quota.user, you probably
do not want the disk limits to be stored in a
/vservers/vs1/disk.limit file inside the vserver
path ...

aside from that, writing the info back to the disk
seems not really necessary, and can be done from
userspace if somebody wants to do it ...