From: Alex Lyashkov (shadow_at_psoft.net)
Date: Fri 23 Jul 2004 - 15:39:43 BST

÷ ðÔÎ, 23.07.2004, × 15:20, Thomas Gelf ÐÉÛÅÔ:

> > I have some question about vserver.
> >
> > Q1. can we set limit at each virtual root usage of their bandwidth per
> > month, cpu/ram usage?
>
> limiting bandwith per month can be done in userspace, for example with
> simple iptables-based accounting, triggering some action if the limit
> gets exceeded (stop vserver, shape traffic...)

With some situation traffic from vserver not been send from vserver
ip`s. It`s effect running linux routing cache. I send info about it to
vserver list and I hope Herbert fix it with new generation vserver
network.

> limit cpu/ram per month doesn't seem very useful to me - but vserver
> allows you to set absolute soft/hard ram/cpu limits.

vserver can limit only total address space (total vm size) - Herbert say
it`s been fixed with new memory accounting.

--
Alex Lyashkov <shadow_at_psoft.net>
PSoft