From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Sun 11 Jul 2004 - 16:18:50 BST

On Sun, Jul 11, 2004 at 04:00:50PM +0200, Thomas Gelf wrote:
> Am So, den 11.07.2004 schrieb Jan-Marc Pilawa um 15:43:
> > Am Sonntag, 11. Juli 2004 15:30 schrieb Thomas Gelf:
> > > After some discussion on IRC I've made two other variants:
> > > http://vserver.gelf.net/logo2.html
> >
> > :-) :-) :-)
> > Many tiny little penguins. but could also be ok for UML.
>
> that's the problem - it shows the uml idea better than the
> vserver way of life...
>
> > > http://vserver.gelf.net/logo3.html
> > :-)
> > hm, but the "real" machine is "outside"
>
> it should show that you can avoid wasting rackspace by using
> linux-vserver - but you're right, the real machine is missing
> (but you can see it from another point of view: the big penguin
> outside must run somewhere, so the "real" machine IS there)

the idea for the http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/concept01.gif
was to show a 2U box with a broken out edge, where you can look
into several cubicles (maybe transparent, maybe broken out too)
where penguins are working and living inside ...

(so much for the original idea ;)

another idea I had, which IMHO resembles the vserver prinziple
nicely, is the following ...

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/concept_02.gif

description for the m unimaginative ;)

a (or several) rack(s) of several small (1U) boxes, which
resemble (look like) a big box (2U server), but it has to
be obvious that the big box is the real one, not the 1U
boxes, so it might make sense to split up a big box into
several server like (phantom) servers, like a puzzle ...

(otherwise it would look like we do clustering ;)

> > What about a penguin with many (penguin) tatoos? (because
> > vserver is a modification of the linux-kernel)
>
> the tatoo idea is not bad - where would you put them? all on
> his wings?

hmm, maybe a (ewing) penguin consisting of several smaller
parts/penguins or maybe with many hands or such ...

well, anyway, keep up the good work ...