From: Hubertus Franke (frankeh_at_watson.ibm.com)
Date: Wed 07 Jul 2004 - 22:24:53 BST

Marc, in a nutshell, the RBCE is a list of rules
that are evaluated on classification invocation.

Rules consist of a set of rule terms and a target class. A rule term
specifies one particular kernel object attribute, a comparision operator
(=,<,>,!) and a value expression. To speed up the classification process
we maintain state with tasks about which rules and rule terms have been
examined for a particular task and only reexamine those terms that are
indicated by the event.
RBCE provides rules based on task parameters ((pid, gid, uid,
executable) and socket information (IP info). The rules in conjunction
with the defined classes constitute a site policy for workload managment
and is dynamically changable (See user interface section) into the RBCE.
Hence, this approach ensures the separation of policy and enforcement.

Assuming that the vserver context ID is accessible from the task struct,
what you need to do, is define a new RULE_TERM_OPERATOR, add a new case
statement under evaluate_rule. One also needs to deal with the rbce
bitvector optimization, requiring a few more case statements (if at
all). This is pretty straight forward. If you give me the field I can
see whether I can help you out with this.

Hope this helps..

-- Hubertus