From: Henrik Heil (hhml_at_zweipol.net)
Date: Mon 21 Jun 2004 - 17:58:50 BST

Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> hmm, I'd like to ask _all_ current members of this
> list, about their opinion

i would not call me a member since i just read along but nevertheless
here's my opinion:

> 1) do we want an open mailing list (like lkml)
> instead of a closed (subscription only) list

yes, allthough i think that it's not that important. i guess most people
will study the website and subscribe (or decide it's not vserver they
were looking for).
however the current spam-level is really acceptable (at least for me)
and i prefer an open list as long as this doesn't change dramatically.

> 2) do we want martin to maintain and further
> improve the existing solution

yes!

> 3) are we able to tolerate/ignore the unavoidable
> spam every day/week/month

yes.

> 4) do we want the mailing list to become a medium
> of communication and cooperation for linux
> vserver

yes. i don't participate in the development but reading the mailinglist
(and the archives) helped a lot to setup a test-vserver. i don't follow
irc -- so i'd naturally prefer to read the discussions on the list.

best regards,
Henrik

--
Henrik Heil, zweipol Coy & Heil GbR