From: Enrico Scholz (enrico.scholz_at_sigma-chemnitz.de)
Date: Mon 14 Jun 2004 - 09:04:21 BST

raanders_at_acm.org ("Roderick A. Anderson") writes:

>> I justed needed something which is easy parseble by *both* C programs
>> and shell scripts, and which supports the new features. The old .conf
>> files support none of these requirements.
>
> The util-vserver commands seem to support the old files. I have a system
> that I upgraded and moved away from Jacques' utilities and the .conf and
> .sh files are the same and all seems to work correctly.

Yes, in this case, the old tools will be used and you will miss
all the new stuff.

> Is there an upgrade command or process to get these into the
> new-and-improved format?

There is no upgrade command (yet??). A process could be to create
the metadata with the skeleton method and to do the remaining
actions manually.

> And does this support the same 'features' as before. I have on
> another system, that I will be upgrading soon, several vservers
> (with many more coming) that rely on the .sh files.

What are these .sh files doing? Filesystem mounting is already
supported natively (through an 'fstab' file).

Enrico