From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 01 Jun 2004 - 22:45:55 BST

On Tue, Jun 01, 2004 at 02:01:30PM -0600, Lucas Albers wrote:
> He currently has 10 sponsors and is looking to make enough
> to pay for his expenses.

well, how should I put this ...

currently I have _no_ sponsor sending money, and,
although I would _love_ to spend all my time doing
linux-vserver, I have to _work_ to earn the money
to buy food and pay for shelter, connectivity and
clothing ...

> The current vserver+grsecurity is working perfectly well for me on my
> systems. I've been using Sandino Araico Sanchez's vserver+grsec
> patch and they've been stable as a rock.

as far as I know, a 'working' vserver/grsec combo
was done several times, but not seriously tested,
and as far as I heard, there where some issues ...

nevertheless, if grsec is going to perish, for
whatever reason, it might be interesting to absorb
those parts useful for linux-vserver into a security
branch of linux-vserver ...

(would be 2.6 branch of course)