From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Tue 11 May 2004 - 14:37:14 BST

On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 03:20:57PM +0200, Conny Brunnkvist wrote:
> 2004-05-11 kl. 14.48 skrev Herbert Poetzl:
>
> >On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 02:00:14PM +0200, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> >>first, thanks Conny for reporting this issue, yes
> >>it is correct, that there should be no IS_IMMUTABLE()
> >>in the patched kernel, so this is a broken patch.
> >>I'll see what I can do to fix this ...
> >
> >this patch (ontop of the 2.4.26-1-vs1.27 debian patch)
> >should fix those issues:
> >
> >http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/Debian/delta-2.4.26-vs1.27-
> >vs1.27.1.diff
> >
> >please test it, and let me know if it works
> >(and I mean the whole kernel ;)
> >
> >best,
> >Herbert
>
> That's quite amusing. I was about to report that I created a patch that
> fixes exactly those four occurances. However I went for the
> IS_IMMUTABLE_FILE instead of IS_IMMUTABLE_LINK macro. It compiled and
> ran (runs) w/o any problems... Then again I guess using _FILE will make
> my kernel blow up any second now? ;-)

hehe, for sure ;)

no, thing is simple, the IS_IMMUTABLE_FILE() checks
only for the IMMUTABLE flag, where the IS_IMMUTABLE_LINK()
confusingly does a XOR of the IMMUTABLE and ILI (IUNLINK)
flag first, then the check, so ...

IS_IMMUTABLE_FILE() means immutable flag set
IS_IMMUTABLE_LINK() means if either immutable (x)or iunlink

so after looking at the kernel source once again, I'd
say your patch is the better one ;) so scratch mine!

thanks,
Herbert