From: Liam Helmer (linuxlists_at_thevenue.org)
Date: Fri 07 May 2004 - 17:18:47 BST

> I don't like this keystroke saving sugar, vserver should just have the
> 'exec' option and nothing else, even the 'enter' command is not that
> necessary IMHO :-)

Well, you don't have to use it ;) If it saves me 10 minutes (in total)
out of my day, that's a good thing.
But, if you really want, you should be calling the whole command. The
whole vserver command is keystroke saving sugar after all!

. /var/run/vservsers/name
chcontext --secure --ctx ${S_CONTEXT} (+ options) \
chroot /vservers/name \
chbind --ip x.x.x.x \
${commandname}

(roughly)

Incidentally, I've created an altered version of this that just calls:

exec /etc/init.d/${servicename}

This is more generalized, and works on redhat, debian, gentoo, etc.

Cheers,
Liam