From: Christopher Michl (cmichl_at_gmx.de)
Date: Sun 02 May 2004 - 22:59:39 BST

Hi,

I did not found any answer to my question on this list before, so here
is my problem:
I'm using several vservers with privat (192.168.x.x) IP's bind to eth1.
My provider gave me five official IP's for my interface eth0.
So I'm using SNAT ($IPT -A POSTROUTING -t nat -s 192.168.x.x -d 0/0 -j
SNAT --to <official IP>) and DNAT ($IPT -A PREROUTING -t nat -p tcp -s
0/0 -d <official IP> --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.x.x:80).
That runs complete well, except that I can't access my webserver out of
my vserver (lynx www.example.de in my vserver don't work, where
example.de is a virtual Host in my Apache). Worldwide I have no problem
to access my website. If I enter the private IP to Hostname mapping in
my /etc/hosts I have also no problems (192.168.x.x example.de).

Is this a routing or iptables Problem? It looks like the packets does
not go through the prerouting table.
I am grateful for each assistance.

Best regards
        Christopher Michl