From: Christian Jaeger (christian.jaeger_at_ethlife.ethz.ch)
Date: Sun 18 Apr 2004 - 16:26:04 BST

Somehow "wall" does seem to have some issues:

(- in my setup, it does only send messages to vserver users when run
inside the chroot containing my vserver tools. Ok my setup is very
special, but still I find it a bit odd, I can't explain it.)

- Sometimes vserver users get messages twice (where host users only
get it once). Maybe it depends on the pty used - are pty numbers
reused for vservers? That would also explain why wall warns about

  wall: /dev/pts/xxx: dir or file not found

Could it even be that vserver users will miss messages in some cases?

Christian.