From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Fri 16 Apr 2004 - 18:52:59 BST

A week or two ago (where does the time go?) I posted about a problem
writing for a smb share. Turns out it was _*me*_ and poor typing skills.

FWIW, I have to write apache logs to another system so a Windows based log
analysis program can access them. Since I've had problems mounting smb
share from inside a vserver before I decided to go with what works and
mount them from the main server when the vserver starts (vsvr.sh). That
works slick but the rotatelogs program provided with Apache gave an error
that it couldn't create/write to the file.

Turns out I had typed the path for rotatelogs incorrectly and since the
path didn't exist -- of course -- it couldn't create/write to the file.

All is working fine now.

Rod