From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Sat 10 Apr 2004 - 18:48:51 BST

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> - SMP
> - HighMem

OK I should know the SMP but since most of the recent installs have been
on single processors I don't remember noticing it as an option. HighMem?
I note sure I've seen this at all. Is it an enable/disable or a memory
size setting?

> for finding bugs:
>
> - DebugInfo
> - Preemtion
>
> hmm, would be great if you could give the 2.6
> branch a spin on a Quad-XEON ...

That depends on how much time I'm given to fiddle with it before I have to
have it operational. I tried the ploy of 'let me take it home to work on
but it didn't fly first pass. I'll try again based on the next paragraph.

> I am willing to optimize the kernel config,
> for (2.4 and 2.6) in exchange for some testing
> on that machine ...

Do you need access to the system or do I need to run some kind of stress
tests? And will processor speed be an issue? These are only 450 Mhz
CPUs.

Rod