From: Roderick A. Anderson (raanders_at_acm.org)
Date: Sat 10 Apr 2004 - 00:45:43 BST

I was just informed today I will getting a used QUAD-ZENON with 3 Gig of
RAM, and a fairly large RAID drive. This is to move a bunch of our
in-house applications off some less than optimal hardware. I appears I'll
have some time to 'do it right' as the other hardware is still working
just fine.
   So to 'do it right' I'm planning on using FedoraHowTo (I'm sorry but
I've used Redhat since 3.0.3 -- after an initial Slackware install that
was fun but harder to maintain -- and though there have been some hick-ups
along the way my attempts at other distros has been less than
encouraging.) I'm starting to feel comfortable compiling the vserver
kernel myself. My questions deal with the hardware. The RAID isn't a
problem but I'm wondering about the 4 CPUs and RAM. Is there anything I
should keep in mind as I'm configuring for this?

One other question -- which I'll probably answer myself this week-end --
is what is a minimal Fedora installation for the main server? There has
been lots of discussions (many caused my me) on the list about minmal
vserver configurations but not a lot about the main server that I can
remember seeing. If anyone has suggestions for their minimal main server
I'm open to them.

Otherwise have a great week-end.

Rod