From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Fri 02 Apr 2004 - 17:59:19 BST

[I can translate the russian below if someone needs it, it's more than I
need to know :-)]

Anyway - I find the features that FreeVPS describes cool, especially since
we use VServer for commercial hosting I could really use them, but I do
not like the idea of having to use a specific kernel, and I am also not
very confident about the direction of the FreeVPS team. If PSoft folds
tomorrow, that will be the end of it it seems. FreeVPS does not appear to
be a community project. There is no FreeVPS mailing list, no discussion of
its architecture and direction, just continuos announcements about
features.

Grisha

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 bogdan_at_llama.fdns.net wrote:

> > It looks to me as if FreeVPS is somehow trying to compete with VServer by
> > keeping its own fork of the project.
> >
> > What is the reason for that? Why not work on incorporating all these
> > features into VServer?
> >
> > Grisha
> >

> 1) Потому что vserver сделан на ванильном
> ядре, а freevps - на RH.

etc...