From: Asbjørn Sannes (ace_at_sannes.org)
Date: Wed 31 Mar 2004 - 11:53:15 BST

On Tuesday 30 March 2004 19:26, Liam Helmer wrote:

> 6) Ability to have private communication between vservers (such as
> partioning a mysql server from an apache server on the local box).

Just going to add a little comment here offtopic. The solution we use at my
company is that we have a partition (a small one) to hold the unix socket of
mysql.. using BME patch the filesystem holding the socket is mountet in the
vserver running mysql and is bind mounted read-only (need BME for this) in
the users of that socket. Downside is of course external clients (not in the
host) can connect, but you could easily achive that..

Asbjørn Sannes
ace_at_sannes.org
www.sannes.org