From: Alexander Suvorov (say_at_psoft.net)
Date: Tue 30 Mar 2004 - 14:43:45 BST

People!

We released a new version of FreeVPS.

Changes between 1.2RC2 and 1.2-RELEASE:
1. fixed few bugs in diskquota
2. fixed a bug in destroying virtual root device
3. fix some bugs in compiling kernel on RedHat Fedora Core 1

New features in version 1.2:
1. FreeVPS ported to RedHat Enterprise Linux AS 3.0 (kernel 2.4.21-x).
    Now we support both RedHat 7.3 and RedHat EL AS 3.0.
    FreeVPS kernel can work on other systems, but it's not tested and probably
    other systems need to update glibc.
2. New VPS memory accounting.
3. Virtual Network Device Driver with internal configurable Traffic Shaper.
4. 2-level full-separated routing.
5. full-separated BSD process accouting.

Also we released new FreeVPS Tools v1.2 with new configuration tool
"vifconfig" and some additional utilities.

You could get a new FreeVPS release:

from Anonymous CVS:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_cvs.freevps.com:/var/spool/cvs/freevps-rh-as login
password is empty
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_cvs.freevps.com:/var/spool/cvs/freevps-rh-as co -r
FREEVPS_1_2_RELEASE kernel

from web:
http://www.freevps.com/download/releases/ - sources of FreeVPS
http://www.freevps.com/download/rpms/RH_EL - rpm set of freevps-kernel-1.2
http://www.freevps.com/download/rpms/RH_73 - rpm set for running
freevps-kernel-1.2 in RedHat 7.3 successfully

A new FreeVPS Tools you could get:

from Anonymous CVS:
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_cvs.freevps.com:/var/spool/cvs/freevps-rh-as login
password is empty
cvs -d :pserver:anonymous_at_cvs.freevps.com:/var/spool/cvs/freevps-rh-as co -r
tools_1_2 freevps-tools

from web:
http://www.freevps.com/download/releases/freevps-tools.tar.gz

See http://www.freevps.com/cvs.html for more information how to get FreeVPS