From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Mon 29 Mar 2004 - 23:44:00 BST

I recently wrote a document on using the mdadm tools on linux for debian
systems.
imo Mdadm is much easier then raidtools or raidtools to use for software
raid.

It include directions on configure a system to switch the root parttion to
software raid, and confgiguring software raid.
While this is a bit off topic, I thought you might be useful if you want
to switch your systems to software raid.
I use raid5 software raid on my vserver install.
It was the only way I could get a big enough volume for all my vservers.
http://rootraiddoc.alioth.debian.org/

Please contact me with any erratta or vserver specific software raid items.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering