From: Jon Bendtsen (jon_at_kollegiegaarden.dk)
Date: Mon 29 Mar 2004 - 20:19:14 BST

Den 29. mar 2004, kl. 5:43, skrev Herbert Poetzl:

> Hello Community!

Hi Bertl

> I finished investigating the options we have regarding the network
> (interface) development in future linux-vserver versions, and I'd
> like to get your opinion on several issues and/or ideas ...
>
> this is going to be a little longer, and I'd suggest to read it
> thoroughly and think about it before replying (but you probably
> do that anyways ;)

no, of course not

> interesting things to spend a second thought on:
>
> - why does the host->client ping take ~10 times longer?

More code to be run, probably in different processes, so a process
switch has to be made

> - why does lo show 2 packets received and 2 transmitted?

Because it sent and received on the lo network

> - why does lo account a different size than tun0?

Because lo is an ip based, meaning only the ip packet is transfered.
The tun0 is ethernet based, and thus, you have the ethernet header?

> - why does tun0 account a different size than eth0?

where is the tun0 ?

JonB