From: sim0n (simon_at_trypill.org)
Date: Mon 29 Mar 2004 - 12:02:46 BST

>> do those quota patches work for xfs as well?
>
> no

oh :-(
what filesystems are supported then?
what do you use or recommend to use ?

i would really prefer not to use ext3...

> I had a deep look at the xfs quota stuff, and the
> code is completely different from 'other' linux quota
> code, so it would required a separate port to support
> this, otoh, xfs seems to support (or at least seemed
> to) something like a project id, which could be used
> for the tagging purpose ...

i don't know about that project-id, but in the recent kernel 2.6.x, there
is support for selinux, for xfs. maybe with that support, a quota patch
for xfs could be "easily" implemented ?
(extended attr, ...)

regards,
Georges Toth