From: Justinas S. (pollar_at_alus.dokeda.lt)
Date: Sat 27 Mar 2004 - 03:10:02 GMT

Hi,

To use vserver+grsec i followed these steps:

1. Extracted new kernel from sources.
2. Patched it as described in
http://www.linux-vserver.org/index.php?page=grsecurityHowto
  (patching was ok, with no errors).
3. Compiled that kernel.
4. Downloaded and installed gradm from grsecurity.net.

Weird thing happened after i rebooted to my new kernel:

# gradm -E
# gradm -a
Password:
Could not open /proc/sys/kernel/grsecurity/acl
open: Permission denied

I have never seen this error in grsec kernel without vserver
implemented.

I tried to use other grsec+vs patch version from repository of other
developer.
This patch is called linux-2.4.25-grsec-vs1.26. But error was the same.

I tried to compile kernels several times differently choosing
grsecurity's
kernel settings, but all the same - 'open: Permission denied'
What am i doing wrong? Maybe it'a a bug?

(sorry for my poor english)