From: Lucas Albers (admin_at_cs.montana.edu)
Date: Fri 26 Mar 2004 - 06:07:16 GMT

Herbert Poetzl said:
> yeah, as I said, the tools are broken, send Jacques an
> email to fix them or get the debian linux-vserver maintainer
> to do it, or 'just' use the mainstream tools for linux-vserver

So I did a little research...
I like the vserver debian tools.
I'm sure the debian maintainer will fix it.

I filed this bug with debian, trivial fix, but I am not a shell programmer:

my debian bug report 240009
---------------------------
It appears you just need to set the S_CONTEXT correctly in
/usr/sbin/vserver

This appears to be the location:
in the stop part of /usr/sbin/vserver.

 $CHBIND_CMD $SILENT $IPOPT --bcast $IPROOTBCAST \
                        S_CONTEXT=
                        $CHCONTEXT_CMD $SILENT --secure --ctx $S_CONTEXT \

Now this variable could be easily pulled from:
/usr/lib/printconf.sh

which could easily source the context from:
/var/run/servername.ctx

I know the steps to do this, but I am not a shell programmer, and not sure
of the correct way to fix this.
I believe this bug is actually critical and not normal, as it is a show
stopper.
Please fix this, as this directly affects my vserver installation.

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering