From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Tue 09 Mar 2004 - 01:14:01 GMT

I saw this posting earlier on:

http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200309/0176.html

And I am seeing the same problem:

debug1: session_by_channel: session 0 channel 0
debug1: session_input_channel_req: session 0 req shell
debug1: PAM setting tty to "/dev/pts/0"
 PAM session setup failed[6]: Permission denied
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x8059c20(0x8090c20)
debug1: session_pty_cleanup: session 0 release /dev/pts/0

Kernel 2.4.25, vserver 1.26 with ctx disk limit patches (though I don't
think that matters). The os both outside and inside the vserver is RH
Fedora 1.

I've found that a workaround is to restart sshd in the vserver after
starting it, e.g.:

# vserver blah start
 [...]
# vserver blah exec service sshd restart

...but other than that I've spent quite a bit of time looking at things
and I can't find what's causing this problem. What might be the difference
between sshd being started from init, vs doing later?

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks,

Grisha