From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Mon 08 Mar 2004 - 16:22:09 GMT

On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 04:08:50PM +0200, Gerald Leier wrote:
> hi folks,
>
> has anyone a hint on what vserverpatch + kernel + utils to use for sparc64 ?
>
> i used linux-2.4.25+patch-2.4.25-vs1.3.8.diff+util-vserver-0.29.196 but get
> errors that make me think that the versions do not match.... and yes this
> happens all the time i try to get a vserver installation up and running :)

hmm, I considered the sparc/64 support working now, obviously
this isn't the case, if it doesn't work for you.

I will test this once again on a Sun Ultra 10 (which is kindly
provided by Bill Schaub), and hopefully fix the issue

could you provide some details about your system, for example
(kernel: 32/64bit, userspace: 32/64bit, UP/SMP)

> i would suggest to write a vserver software matrix that lists valid
> configurations, it may be possible but i dont think that im the only-
> one confused with the releases and compatibility between patches&tools_at_arch.

it's on my todo list, but actually it's a tensor, because it
depends on more than two versions (utils, kernel, patch, arch)

> for example the next few lines reassamble my experiences with vserver:
>
> kernel___ctxpatch__utils____arch____status
> 2.4.22___ctx17a____0.23_____x86_____workslikeahorse :)
> 2.4.25___1.3.8_____0.29.196_sparc64_dontknow
> 2.6.23___0.09.1b___0.29.2___sparc64_workinprogress

I'd appreciate test results from the latest test script
  http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/testme.sh

which should contain most information needed for that purpose

TIA,
Herbert