From: Kevin Mortimore (mortimo_at_okstate.edu)
Date: Sun 22 Feb 2004 - 05:06:18 GMT

Sorry, I should have explained more.

I patched and installed the latest kernel from kernel.org, rebooted and
installed the mandrake rpms from 13thfloor. Then ran newvserver and chose
redhat 7.3 minimal as the vserver. The process started and the screen got
filled with errors most of which said chkconfig could not be found. Every
vserver option (7.3m, 9 full etc) I choose produces the same result.
chkconfig in available on the host server so I am guessing that the error
is talking about the vserver. Once the installation supposedly finishes I
go to the vserver's directory and basically nothing is installed, only
four directories var, dev ,proc, etc. I am obviously doing something wrong
and so that is why I was asking for a step by step guide other than the
one on linux-vserver.org, since that is the one I am following. I have not
tried the "/" option yet because I am under the impression that I will
have to go through the newly created vserver with a fine tooth comb if I
do this. Since I am not a Linux guru I would prefer not to.

Kevin.

Herbert Poetzl <herbert_at_13thfloor.at>
Sent by: vserver-admin_at_list.linux-vserver.org
02/20/2004 01:53 PM
Please respond to vserver