From: Thomas Gelf (vserver_at_gelf.net)
Date: Thu 19 Feb 2004 - 07:36:54 GMT

Am Die, den 17.02.2004 schrieb Cathy Sarisky um 16:19:
> On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Thomas Gelf wrote:
>
> > > I would suggest sendig it to the debian-newvserver maintainer
> > > whoever that might be atm ...
> >
> > anyone out there interested? Mark Lawrence? Paul Sladen?
> >
> I'm not the maintainer, but I'd like a copy.

Hello Cathy,

we have done many changes to debian-newvserver, adding static
context ids, per context disk limits, a little fix regarding
network configuration to match our "bridged-dummy"-solution
and so on. at the moment the code is very strictly bound to our
situation here - I'll post it, if it has become more configurable.

the changes regarding the "chattr +t" problem are simple, here the
"snipplets" from the code:

# This is used to keep a cache of the downloaded .deb packges for next
install
if [ -d "$VSERVER_ROOT/ARCHIVES" ]; then
    mkdir -p "$VSERVER_ROOT/$VHOST"
    chattr -t "$VSERVER_ROOT/$VHOST"
    mkdir -p "$VSERVER_ROOT/$VHOST/var/cache/apt/archives"
    cp -a "$VSERVER_ROOT/ARCHIVES/"*.deb
"$VSERVER_ROOT/$VHOST/var/cache/apt/archives"
fi

# Populate the archive for future virtual servers
if [ ! -d $VSERVER_ROOT/ARCHIVES ]; then
    mkdir $VSERVER_ROOT/ARCHIVES
    chattr -t $VSERVER_ROOT/ARCHIVES
fi

you just have to add the to "chattr" lines and that's it -
debian-newvserver will also work after you did a "chattr +t /vservers".

--
Thomas Gelf <vserver_at_gelf.net>