From: Herbert Poetzl (herbert_at_13thfloor.at)
Date: Wed 18 Feb 2004 - 16:01:03 GMT

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 10:43:27AM -0500, Jean-Christophe Petit wrote:
> Many thanks Herbert, you made my day.
> Quota is working fine now.
>
> Two little questions:
> do I need to mount the lvm partition with quota support ?
> => mount -o rw,usrquota,grpquota /dev/vservers/vs1lv

the usrquota,grpquota flags are ignored by the filesystem
atm, so this isn't required, nevertheless they have to
be present in the vserver /etc/mtab ;)

> When I do a "vserver vserver1 stop", I got an error :
> Stopping the virtual server mserver1
> Server mserver1 is running
> ipv4root is now 192.168.100.64
> New security context is 49152
> Stopping MySQL: [ OK ]
> Stopping httpd: [ OK ]
> Turning off quotas: [ OK ]
> Stopping sshd: [ OK ]
> Stopping crond: [ OK ]
> Saving random seed: [ OK ]
> Shutting down system logger: [ OK ]
> Starting killall: Turning off quotas: quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/hdv1 [/]:
> No such process
> quotaoff: quotactl on /dev/hdv1 [/]: No such process
> [FAILED]
> [FAILED]
> sleeping 5 seconds
>
> It seems that the redhat distrib (enterprise 2.1) shut down the quota first
> and try to shut it down one more time at the end.
> How to resolve this problem ?

I would take a closer look at the scripts, especially
the killall/final shutdown/reboot scripts, they might
contain useless commands ...

> have a very good day,

u2, HTH,
Herbert