From: Gebhardt Thomas (gebhardt_at_hrz.uni-marburg.de)
Date: Fri 13 Feb 2004 - 15:32:48 GMT

On Wednesday 04 February 2004 11:02, Gebhardt Thomas wrote:

Hi,

> sniffing on my network I noticed that all my master servers are emitting
> senseless (?) arp requests of the form
>
> who has 1.2.3.4 -> tell 1.2.3.4 (where 1.2.3.4 is their own ip address).
> every two seconds. They are no arp replies.

it seems that this issue has nothing to do with the master/vserver
configuration. Obviously the service processor (BMC) on the intel mainboard
is emitting this kind of packages. Just by chance all our servers of that
hardware type are running a master/vserver setup. But now I can even see
that arp requests from intel servers running windows.

Sorry for raising the noise level on the list.

Cheers, Thomas