From: Luís Miguel Silva (lms_at_ispgaya.pt)
Date: Sun 08 Feb 2004 - 14:15:01 GMT

Hello all (a special hi to the developers).

I use vservers for about 2 years now.
I love them and i (on a human basis'speaking) love you developers! ;o)

The only complaint i have to make is about those patches and all
the NEW versions that get released!

I almost have a nervous break down each time i have to upgrade my
vservers.

Although the response time to security threats is very quick (and, once
again, thanks a lot herbert), my vservers allways stop working.

Regarding this latest chroot flaw, unfortunatly i havent had the time to
patch my servers (friday i had a important math exame and saturday i
went to a seminar outside my city).

Either way, although i didnt have any time to patch my vservers, i tried
to quickly patch ONE of them on friday (just to see how it went).

I applied patch 1.25. All went smooth until the boot process.
The vservers didnt boot again with that "Cant change to security context
#-1" (i think that was the exact message if im not in mistake).

This ALLWAYS happens to me when i upgrade the vservers (kernel patch)
version, am i doing something wrong? Has this something to do with the
vserver/tools versions?

I have about 10 production servers to update today.
If someone could please help me with this, i would sure appreciate it!

Thanks,
Luís Miguel Silva