From: Cathy Sarisky (cathy_at_acornhosting.net)
Date: Sat 07 Feb 2004 - 02:12:58 GMT

Hi All,

RedHat (at least 9, not sure about earlier) is affected by vs1.25 also -
although most things work normally, useradd creates a directory with 000
permissions that root is not able to chmod. Can anyone running RH confirm
that vs1.26 doesn't have the issue before I build the kernel?

Thanks!
Cathy

p.s Herbert - thank you for the VERY fast response to the vulnerability.
:)