From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy (grisha_at_ispol.com)
Date: Sat 07 Feb 2004 - 01:43:32 GMT

Just curious - what's the difference between FreeVPS and VServer?

Is FreeVPS a yet another implementation of the same idea (looking at the
site it seems like it is)?

If I collect enough of this information, perhaps I'll put together a write
up of some sort outlining the key differences between FreeBSD jail, Linux
Vserver, FreeVPS, FreeVSD and perhaps even Virtuozzo, Sphera and Ensim
(though I don't know where I could get objective info on the last three).

P.S. Did anyone notice the slashdot article on virtualization?

http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/02/05/1315227

Grisha