From: Gebhardt Thomas (gebhardt_at_hrz.uni-marburg.de)
Date: Wed 04 Feb 2004 - 10:02:58 GMT

Hi,

sniffing on my network I noticed that all my master servers are emitting
senseless (?) arp requests of the form

who has 1.2.3.4 -> tell 1.2.3.4 (where 1.2.3.4 is their own ip address).
every two seconds. They are no arp replies.

Each master server can ping its own ip address, the routing tables
are pretty standard and there is no entry for its own ip address in
the masters arp cache.

It seems that it does not harm, just makes no sense.

I'm running 2.4.24-vs1.22.

Cheers, Thomas