From: Tor Rune Skoglund (torrunes_at_datakompaniet.no)
Date: Tue 03 Feb 2004 - 00:58:28 GMT

Hi List,

tirsdag 3. februar 2004, 01:06, skrev Nuno Silva:
> > I have various IP's assigned to various vservers, and I have a mysql
> > database running on one of them. The access rights for mysql are
> > determined by the IP someone connects from. Some vservers also need
> > database access and they are granted rights determined by the IP of that
> > particular vserver.
> >
> > I noticed that when starting a command like this in the root server:
> >
> > chcontext --ctx 110 mysql -u username -p -h myhost
> >
> > The IP address is not changed. Access to the mysql database is not
>
> To change the IP you must run chbind ;)

Errr...? If you run a command in an already running vserver, should that
command run in the environment of that vserver, which also includes
that context's IP?

Please enlighten silly me ... :)

Regards,
Tor Rune Skoglund

--
DataKompaniet as
Teknobyen, Abels gt. 5                  Tel: +47 73 51 51 51