From: Mark Lawrence (nomad_at_null.net)
Date: Thu 29 Jan 2004 - 19:21:57 GMT

Hi all,

I have just built a brand new machine with the latest in stable vserver
setup, but am observing some strange behaviour.

IBM server
Xeon(TM) CPU
Fusion MPT SCSI Host driver 2.05.05+
eth0: Tigon3 [rev 1002 PHY(5703)] (PCIX:100MHz:64-bit) 10/100/1000BaseT
eth1: Tigon3 [rev 1002 PHY(5703)] (PCIX:100MHz:64-bit) 10/100/1000BaseT
Debian woody
gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)
linux-2.4.24
patch-2.4.24-vs1.24.diff
util-vserver-0.27

I patched, configured, built, installed the kernel and rebooted. Machine
comes up fine, configures the ethernet interface like normal and shows no
obvious signs of error.

However the box is unreachable from the network, until after packets
are sent out of the ethernet interface. So far I have only tested this
with icmp. Basic tests with chbind, chcontext etc work fine afterwards.

I vaguely remember something like this being seen before, but can't find
the relevant discussion. Can someone first of all point me in that
direction, and/or comment on what I can troubleshoot to provide more
information?

Regards,

--
Mark Lawrence